Click on the event link in the calendar for more details or to register for an event.
Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health recommended the immediate suspension of all large events and public gatherings of over 5 people due to COVID-19, as of March 28, 2020.
As a result we are postponing our events to later dates. We apologize for any inconvenience but have decided it would be best to support local efforts to contain the virus. All confirmed registrations and sponsorships will be honoured at the rescheduled events, however, if you are unable to attend or participate please contact the ACMO office for a full refund.
Based on a review of the PHAC’s “Risk-Informed Decision-Making for Mass Gatherings” guidelines and the fact that ACMO events are relatively small, localized and not international in scope, we are not presently considering the cancellation or postponement of our events in the near term. In the meantime, we will monitor the situation closely and take reasonable steps as recommended by the PHAC to mitigate risks and protect the safety and well-being of our event attendees.
For those attending ACMO events, we advise you to follow these Personal Protective Practices to reduce exposure to the virus and protect your health:
- wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer often (sanitizers will be available at our events)
- avoiding shaking hands and contact with others
- do not share food or drinks with others
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- avoid contact with people who are sick
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- stay home if you are sick or have a high-risk medical condition
- even if you have mild flu-like symptoms, stay home
- refer to the information provided by verified public health websites such as the Ministry of Health, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and the World Health Organization.
In addition, ACMO will be employing the following risk mitigation strategies at our upcoming events:
- reducing and managing the number of participants to prevent crowding
- reducing the number of people at tables to increase social distance
- eliminating buffets and providing plated or boxed meals
- providing easy access to hand sanitizers or hand sanitizing stations
- promoting personal protective practices as listed above
- adjusting the event program to reduce high-risk activities and close physical contact
- offering access to recorded session content
Note: if you have registered and paid for an ACMO event and are sick, or are uncomfortable attending due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please contact the ACMO office at email@example.com.