|Company:||MenRes Property Management|
We are seeking candidates for the role of Property Manager based at our Property Management offices located in Toronto. Reporting to the District Manager, the Property Manager will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the building, in compliance with the Condominium Act.
On a day-to-day basis, the key responsibilities of the Property Manager include but are not limited to:
1. Set maintenance specifications for all major contracts for approval by the Board and enforce maintenance standards and conduct contractor performance reviews with the Board as required;
2. Carry out weekly inspections to update the Board (in writing) on a monthly basis;
3. Supervise contractors, arrange work schedules and monitor contractors’ performance;
4. Develop and maintain contracts with all trades as required by the condominium and maintain a contractor vendor service log containing contract amounts and commencement and expiration of services being performed;
5. Inspect and follow-up repairs on resulting from any insurable loss with all parties;
6. Ensure all maintenance logs and checklists are kept up-to-date, e.g. elevators, pools, whirlpools and operated in accordance with all applicable legislation;
7. Establish a preventative maintenance program relating to all physical aspects of the building including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire safety systems;
8. Assist in the tendering process for supplies and services including the development of specifications;
9. Maintain and update the Building Fire Safety Plan;
10. Ensure insurance and WSIB certificates for vendors are maintained and kept current;
11. Work diligently to resolve deficiency issues in collaboration with declarants so that common expenses of the Corporation are not spent on deficiency items without the approval of the Board;
12. Prepare and review the Corporation’s annual budget in consultation with the Board including the review of the Reserve Fund;
13. Oversee the collection of common element fees;
14. Review the financial statements, balance sheet and general ledger for the Condominium(s) prior to distribution to the Board;
15. Enforce the Declaration, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and policies of the Board;
16. Advise the Board on changes or additions to the declaration, by-laws and rules and regulations;
17. Direct and supervise any and all persons engaged to work at the property and hire or discharge such persons with approval from the Board;
18. Hold regular and periodic meetings with the staff to review policies and procedures;
19. Respond in writing to all Board members and residents in a timely manner;
20. Assist the Board in establishing committees (when required) and with all Annual General Meetings and monthly meetings, including attending such meetings; and
21. Notify the appropriate personnel of complaints originating from the Board or residents with respect to any aspect of the maintenance of the Condominium or any other issue.
To succeed, candidates must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
• 5+ years of experience in the residential property management field;
• RCM designation and CMRAO Transitional General License is mandatory;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Superior interpersonal and customer service skills;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products (MS Word and Excel);
• Working knowledge of JDE EnterpriseOne or an ERP system is an asset; and
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader! To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include the position Residential Property Manager.